【生活英语】在澳的你敢接打英文电话吗?local 知道你在说什么吗?

今天我们生活英语的主题就教大家在澳洲如何用正确的英文接打电话。

首先,我们看看如何用英文表达常见的基本信息:

1念电话号码 Giving numbers

念一串电话号码时,最好每三个或四个数字中间停顿一下。
连在一起的两个或三个相同数字,可以用double或triple,比如:

222读作triple two;
3344读作double three, double four;
5555可以读作double five, double five,如果要说“five five five five”也可以,但是不要说four five哦,那是45。

2 邮箱地址怎么说 Saying email addresses

@ 读作 “at”,所以,John@Gmail.com就是”John, at, Gmail, dot, com”。
如果用户名的部分有标点符号,常见的几种这么读:

/ 是”forward slash”。
– 是 “hyphen” or a “dash”。
_ 是 “underscore”。

3 接通电话 Getting through

很多人在打电话的时候,并不会自报家门,所以你可以礼貌地问对方的姓名,人家不会生气的。例子:

A: Can I speak to Mr Smith, please? / Is Mr Smith there, please?
我能和史密斯先生通话么?/ 史密斯先生在么?

B: May I ask who’s calling? / Could I have your name, please?
请问您是?/ 能否告知您的姓名?

A: Yes, this is Tom Cruise speaking.
我是汤姆·克鲁斯。

接起电话要先报上自己的名字,而不是问对方是谁,“Who’s there?”听起来很不礼貌。
但是不要说“I am”或“My name is”,直接在自己的名字后面加上“speaking”就可以了。比如,

Hello, John Smith speaking.
你好,我是约翰·史密斯。

如果对方找的人正是你,对话则是这样的。
A: Can I speak to Jane, please?

可以帮我接一下简吗?
B: Speaking.
我就是。

4 留信息 Leaving or taking a message

对方要找的人不在,你可以说明情况,注意在句首礼貌地加上“I’m afraid”或者 “I’m sorry”。比如:

I’m afraid Mr. Smith is out of the office today.
抱歉史密斯先生今天不在公司。

I’m afraid his line is engaged.
他正在通话中。

接下来,你就可以问对方是否需要留信息。

A: Would you like to leave a message?
您需要留个言么?

B: Could you ask him to call me back? / Could you ask him to return my call?
能否让他给我回个电话?/ 能让他给我回个电话么?

如果你想让对方帮忙捎个信,则要说,Could you take a message?

5.通话有问题时 When there’s a problem

听不清对方的话

I’m sorry, could you speak up, please?
不好意思,你能大声点吗?

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you very well.
不好意思,我听不清您的话。

I’m sorry, the line’s bad – could you repeat what you just said?
不好意思,线路很差,您能重复一下刚刚的话么?

没听懂对方的意思

I’m sorry, could you repeat that please?
不好意思,你能重复一下吗?

Sorry, I didn’t quite catch that.
不好意思,我没听清。

Sorry, I didn’t catch your surname.
抱歉,我没听清你的姓名。

I’m sorry, I didn’t get that. Could you say it again, please?
不好意思,我没听到,您能再说一遍么?

纠正对方的说法

Actually, it’s 16, not 60.
事实上,是16,不是60.(着重强调引起困惑的词)

I’m sorry, but I think there’s been a misunderstanding. The payment’s due next week, not next month.
不好意思,但我认为这里有点误会。这笔账下周到期,而不是下个月。

I’m sorry, but that’s not quite right..
不好意思,不是这样的……

 

确认自己是否理解正确

So if I understand you correctly…
所以如果我理解得正确的话……

When you say… do you mean…?
你说的……,是……意思吗?

日常基本对话讲完了,我们再来看看实际运用吧。看看当大家在澳洲生活时,遇到需要开新银行账户、需要转账户地址等各种情况如何正确打电话呢?

英文对话:

一、给电话公司打电话,开通新账户

电话公司员工大卫:下午好,我是大卫,我能帮助您吗?
Good afternoon, my name is David, how can I help you?

李玲:下午好,我是李玲,我想为我将要入住的房子预约接通电话的时间。
Good afternoon, this is Li Ling speaking. I would like to connect my telephone.

大卫:您在我们的电话公司有账号吗?
Have you had an account with us before?

李玲:没有,我是第一次在您的公司开账号。
No, this is the first time I’ve opened an account with your company.

大卫:请将您的姓名和出生年月日告诉我。
Would you please tell me your name and date of birth?

李玲:我姓李,名玲,出生于1970年5月18日。
Ok, Surname is Li, first name is Ling. Date of birth is 18th of May, 1970.

大卫:请告诉我您驾驶执照的号码。
Please tell me your driver’s license number.

李玲:我驾驶执照的号码是xxx。
My license number is xxx.

大卫:请告诉我您将要入住的房子的地址。
And the address you want to connect the phone at?

李玲:地址是 2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145
It is 2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145

大卫:你想那天接通电话
When do you want the phone line connected?

李玲:7月20日
On the 20th of July.

大卫:我在电脑里查不到您的地址。请问您的将要入住的房子是全新的吗?
Sorry, I can’t locate your address on my computer. It the house brand new?

李玲:是的。
Yes, it is.

大卫:因为你的房子是全新的,所以我们需要派人到您的房子将电话线安装好。您需要付290澳元的安装费。
We will need someone to go to your house to connect the phone line because it is a brand new house. But it will cost you 290 dollars as an installation fee.

李玲:好的,什么时候能来安装?
All right, when can you come?

大卫:请稍等一会。我查一下工作人员什么时候有时间。7月20日上午9:00点可以吗?
Just a second. I need to check when we are available. Will it 9 am on July the 20th be OK?

李玲:可以
That’s fine.

大卫:好的,7月20日上午9:00工作人员会帮您将电话接通。请记一下,您的新电话号码是9989 1167。
OK, the service people will come at 9 am on July the 20th to connect the phone line. Your new telephone number is 9989 1167.

李玲:谢谢!再见!
Thank you very much, see you then.

大卫:再见!
Bye Bye.

二、给电力公司打电话,将现有账号转到新地址

大卫:下午好,我是大卫,我能帮助您吗?
Good afternoon, David speaking, how can I help you?

李玲:下午好,我是李玲,我将要搬家,我想于7月20日断掉我现住房的电,同时为我将要入住的房子接通电。
Good afternoon, my name is Li Ling. I am going to move out and would like to disconnect my electricity at the current address and reconnect it for the place that I am moving into soon.

大卫:请将您的姓名和出生年月日告诉我。
Would you please tell me your name and date of birth.

李玲:我姓李,名玲,出生于1970年5月18日。
Ok, Surname is Li, first name is Ling. Date of birth 18th of May, 1970.

大卫:请告诉我您驾驶执照的号码。
Please tell me your driver’s license number.

李玲:我驾驶执照的号码是xxx。
My license number is xxx.

大卫:请告诉我您现在的地址。
Can you please tell me your current address.

李玲:地址是11/55 Campbell St, Parramatta,2150
11/55 Campbell St, Parramatta,2150

大卫:请告诉我您将要入住的房子的地址。
And your new address, please?

李玲:2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145
2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145

大卫:好的,没有问题,7月20日断掉您现住房11/55 Campbell St, Parramatta的电时,会接通2/3 Peter St. Westmead的电。您现住房的电的账单会几到您的新住址。
OK, no problem, we will disconnect electricity for the current address on July the 20th. We will reconnect 2/3 Peter St. Westmead on the same day. We will mail your bill to your new address.

李玲:谢谢!再见!
Thank you, bye bye.

大卫:再见!
Bye.

三、打电话给煤气公司

大卫:下午好,我是大卫,我能帮助您吗?
Good afternoon, David speaking, how can I help you?

李玲:下午好,我是李玲,我想为我将要入住的房子预约接通煤气的时间。
Hello, This is Li Ling speaking. I would like to make an appointment to connect the gas at my house.

大卫:您在我们的电话公司有账号吗?
Have you had an account with us before?

李玲:没有,我是第一次在您的公司开账号。
No, this is the first time I’ve opened an account with your company.

大卫:请将您的姓名和出生年月日告诉我。
Would you please tell me your name and date of birth.

李玲:我姓李,名玲,出生于1970年5月18日。
Ok, Surname is Li, first name is Ling. Date of birth 18th of May, 1970.

大卫:请告诉我您驾驶执照的号码。
Please tell me your driver’s license number.

李玲:我驾驶执照的号码是xxx。
My license number is xxx.

大卫:请告诉我您将要入住的房子的地址。
And the address you want to connect the gas at?

李玲:地址是2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145
It is 2/3 Peter St. Westmead,2145

大卫:你想那天接通煤气?
When do you want the gas connected?

李玲:7月20日
I would like to connect it on July the 20th.

大卫:好的,没有问题, 7月20日我们会为您将要入住的房子接通煤气。
OK, no problem. We will connect gas for your new address on the 20th of July.

李玲:谢谢!再见!
Thanks, Bye.

大卫:再见!
Bye!

澳洲首家生活英语学习机构Gr8推出微课啦!一次付费终身听课,快来报名吧!扫描下方二维码,即可听最详细的澳洲生活英语课程,还在等什么?

0 回复

发表评论

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

此站点使用Akismet来减少垃圾评论。了解我们如何处理您的评论数据